Everything I've ever wanted to do.
DIY Tulle and Fabric Paint Mask Tutorial and Four Templates from Sprinkles in Springs here. Her other two tulle and fabric paint masks were some of my most popular Halloween posts:
DIY Halloween Witch Library Tutorial from HalloweenForum.com here. This is a step by step tutorial using scrapbooking letters and craft store charms.
Truebluemeandyou: I’ve started putting old and new Halloween posts on my new Tumblr blog: halloweencrafts.
DIY Perfume Balm Tutorial from Oh the Lovely Things here. This is a really thoughtful tutorial on creating your own perfume scent. Did you know you can google what ingredients or “notes” are in your favorite perfumes? This tutorial is inspired by Ralph Lauren Safari whose main notes are lemon, lavender, cinnamon and sandalwood.
DIY Toadstool Thimble Necklace Tutorial from My So Called Crafty Life here. She used air dry clay to anchor the clay toadstools. I’ve also seen this DIY with colorful pins but you could glue novelty beads (i.e. flower beads) to pins and stick them in the clay).
Roundup DIY Cross Stitch Projects I’ve Posted Part 2. Part 1 is here (with my favorite free cross stitch generator #9).
- Hand Printed Fabric that Looks like Cross Stitch Tutorial at Whipup here.
- French Kiss Cross Stitch. Bisou = kiss in French. Free Download from Brodyzen Creations here.
- Free Cross Stitch Pattern: Kitties Will Puke on Everything You Love at Craftster here.
- Free Cross Stitch Patterns from Cross Me Not here. From circuit boards to light sabers to Pokemon to Mario to Christmas.
- Free Tardis iPhone Case Cross Stitch Pattern from The Zen of Making here.
- DIY Cross Stitch Cell Phone Case (and I don’t mean DIY after you BUY the kit to cross stitch your case) from weelittlestitches here.
- Bite Me Miniature Subversive Sampler Pattern from Kincavel Krosses here.
- Everything Is Going To Be Amazing Cross Stitch Pattern from Bugs and Fishes here.
- Cross Stitch Brooch/Pendant. These are made out of clay, but you could so easily make them out of cheap polymer clay. From the Danish Site Irene here.
DIY Book Clutch Tutorial from Caught on a Whim here. Really clear tutorial and you can leave the book as is or cover it with fabric. For more book clutch DIYs including a roundup go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/diy-book-clutch
I’ve been busy putting together lots of projects and inspiration for my Wedding Week and thought these hand carved stamps would be perfect for making your own little monogram for your invites, to stamp on your napkins, on top of your menus, etc. But I couldn’t wait to share it so here it is now! You could also use it to make your own stationery. And as I’ve said before - carving is so addictive, you’ll be making these for friends, family and strangers on the street!
DIY Knockoff BHLDN Dewdrops Halo Headband Tutorial from The Beauty Department here. This is actually a really easy tutorial - you are attaching crystal beads to chain and then pinning each side of the headband into your hair. Left Photo: $120 (was $220 but sold out) BHLDN Dewdrops Halo here, Right Photo: DIY by The Beauty Department. For more DIY hair jewelry go here: bobby pins and hair combs, headbands and headpieces.
Another craft line that came out recently that I love is the new Martha Stewart Jewelry line. Chic Steals has created an amazing bib necklace using a mix of the enamel metal pieces and cabochons. The enamel pieces you actually buy plain then paint with enamel paint. So you can create your own vintage style piece that is exclusively yours!